Education Committee Charge
Friends of the Lincoln Community Forest
The Education Committee goal is to provide information and experiences to people of all ages and backgrounds that encourage spending time outdoors and being responsible stewards of the natural environment.
The Education Committee has the authority and responsibility to:
- Develop an annual work plan by October 1 for the upcoming year
- Sponsor guided walks and hikes in the Forest
- Host lectures/talks on science topics related to our Northwoods environment
- Enhance public understanding of current events/issues related to forest and river ecosystems
- Partner with other agencies and community-based organizations
- Develop and install interpretive signage along portions of LCF trails
- Investigate and take advantage of grant funding or financial support for environmental education
- Encourage volunteerism to help with conservation of the Forest, including the diversity of species present.
- Schedule at least three committee meetings annually and prepare meeting notes
- Spend time in and become familiar with the Forest
- Consider additional tasks as needed
Volunteer for The FLCF Education Committee