WELCOME TO THE FRIENDS OF LINCOLN COMMUNITY FOREST (FCLF)
Our mission is to facilitate the conservation and enjoyment of the Lincoln Community Forest.
We envision the Lincoln Community Forest and Marengo River within as a community asset that is rigorously managed throughout to ensure a healthy, sustainable and scenic forest, to protect its natural and historic character, that provides in the South Unit a small network of primitive trails where the visitor general public can enjoy nature-based recreation and education, and that preserves the North Unit in a largely undeveloped state.
- Support the management of the Lincoln Community Forest cooperatively as a community asset while protecting the Marengo River.
- Support the management of the Lincoln Community Forest through economically and ecologically sustainable forest management practices;
- Develop amenities and programs that will support a wide range of nature-based recreational and educational opportunities;
- Work in partnership with agencies and organizations who support our goals.
The Lincoln Community Forest is open to the public free of charge for non-motorized, nature based activities like hunting, fishing, hiking and snowshoeing, trapping, and cross-country skiing. Other allowable activities include mushrooming and berry-picking, bird-watching, canoe and kayak access to river, swimming or wading.
Ski classic or freestyle on more than 2 miles of frequently groomed ski trails, or grab your
There is no better way to begin snowshoeing than just going and doing it. Take a risk, rent o
Whitetail deer, ruffed grouse, woodcock and wild turkeys are common large and small game. Th
The Marengo River is a cold-water trout Stream with good numbers of native brook trout, and r
Hike on the maintained logging roads over relatively flat terrain, or add a little challenge
Bird watching is phenomenal because of the diversity of habitats. Young forest and old fores
The second annual Friends of Lincoln Community Forest Appreciation Picnic was a huge success and a wonderful event for our neighborhood. “THANK YOU” to everyone who attended (over 100 people) and all...Read Blog Detail
Check this out on September 29th at the Grand View Community Center. Hosted by The Friends of Lincoln Community Forest. Made possible through grant funding provided by the Four Cedars Environmenta...Read Blog Detail
Friends Group volunteers made and froze 50 pizzas last week just in case we eat more than the 50 fresh pizzas coming hot out of the oven on Saturday. Left over frozen pizzas will be made available fo...Read Blog Detail
Become A Friend Of The Lincoln Community Forest
Donation Form (Footer)
- $10 Individual Membership
- $20 Family Membership
- $250 Lifetime Membership
All proceeds benefit projects and trail work with in the Lincoln Community Forest. Donations are tax-deductible. Donate online through PayPal or use the downloadable form below to mail in your contribution. The Friends of Lincoln Community Forest are a 501(c)(3) organization. Your donation is tax deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law.
By donating today you are becoming a Donor Member of the Friends of Lincoln Community Forest.
A Member Means:
- Invited to Field Trips and Special Events
- Invited to our Annual Meeting (which truly is fun, not just work)
- Provided Forest-News Updates (if desired)
- Given many fun volunteer opportunities to work with people, like you, who care about the Lincoln Community Forest.